Fiji Institute of Accountants
Fiji Institute of Accountants (FIA) is a statutory body established under the Fiji Institute of Accountants Act, (Cap 259) for the accounting profession in Fiji. Since its inception in 1972 FIA has achieved recognition as a premier accounting body not only in Fiji but also regionally, for its contribution to education, professional development and the maintenance of high accounting, auditing and ethical standards. The total membership of FIA is 720 of which approximately 31 percent are Chartered Accountants.
The Fiji Institute of Accountants “recognises” the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and considers admitting people to FIA membership who are current members in good standing of ICAI.
Requirements for ICAI members to become members of FIA:-
- Certified copies of the Certificate from ICAI
- Letter of Good Standing
- Admission Fee_ $ 327.75
Application form for Registering as a Chartered Accountant can be found at http://www.fia.org.fj/getattachment/Members/Application-Forms/Application-for-Registration-as-a–Chartered-Accountant-(2).pdf.aspx
Ms Frances Kado
Fiji Institute Of Accountants Level 3,
Fiji Teachers Union Building
3 Berry Road
GPO Box 681
Tel: (+679) 330 5807
Fax: (+679) 330 5588
The Institute of Public Accountants, Australia
The Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) is one of Australia’s oldest representative professional bodies, formed over eighty-five years ago. The IPA is a progressive, responsive accounting body committed to integrity, professionalism and professional development. The IPA represents more than 24,000 members and students working in industry, commerce, government, academia and private practice.
As one of the three accounting membership bodies in Australia alongside the CPA and ICAA, The Institute of Public Accountants is a professional organisation for accountants recognised for their practical, hands-on skills and a broad understanding of the total business environment.
Requirements for ICAI members to become members of IPA:
- Members of ICAI who live outside Australia and have more than 3 years of professional experience can apply for full membership of the IPA at Member (MIPA) level.
- Members of ICAI who reside in Australia, can apply for Associate membership level (AIPA). Once they have completed the IPA Program and Mentored Experience Programs (MEP), they will be eligible to advance to full MIPA level.
The Application form can be downloaded from the website of the Institute http://www.publicaccountants.org.au and is to be submitted at email@example.com with required supporting documents.
Jane Gao FIPA
General Manager International Operations
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Public Accountants Head Office
Level 6, 555 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Victoria 3000 Australia
IPA Divisional Offices are located in the following cities:
Melbourne | Sydney | Canberra | Brisbane | Adelaide | Hobart | Perth The IPA also has offices in the following cities: Kuala Lumpur | Beijing
For enquiries within Australia call 1800 625 625 for your nearest Divisional Office. International enquiries can be directed in the first instance to IPA Head Office.
Malaysian Institute of Accountants
MIA is a statutory body established under the Accountants Act, 1967 to regulate and develop the accountancy profession in Malaysia. To date, MIA has 30383 members.
MIA’s responsibilities include education and quality assurance as well as enforcement which are carried out to ensure that the credibility of the profession is maintained and that public interest is continuously upheld.
Requirements for ICAI members to become members of MIA:
a) The applicant would be required to be in country for at least 182 days within a period of one year before being eligible to apply for the MIA membership.
b) The applicant would have a permanent address in India
However the above requirements (a) would not be applicable if the applicant holds a valid work permit issued by the Malaysian Immigration Department that enables him to work in Malaysia.
If the applicant meets the above requirements he would be required to submit the following documents:
- Completed MIA Application form
- Certified copy of ICAI membership certificate
- Certified copies of relevant pages of the passport which identifies the holder and the proof of 182 days in Malaysia or a valid work permit issued by Malaysian /immigration Department
- Proof of Valid membership with ICAI
- One passport size photograph
- Payment of the admission fee (RM500) and annual subscription (RM250) which totals RM750 (Malaysian Ringgit)
The application form can be downloaded from the link http://www.mia.org.my/new/downloads/members/forms/ApplicationForm.pdf
Mdm Norzainah Mokthar
No.2 Jalan Tun Sambanthan 3, Brickfields,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 603-2279 9200
Fax: 603-2274 1783
Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants
Guidelines to apply for BICA membership
There are three categories of membership i.e.
- Accounting Technician,
- To be admitted under this category a person should hold B Com, BA Accounting, HND (BIAC Only), Part 2 CIMA (Managerial Stage), and Part 2 ACCA (Fundamentals stage (Knowledge and Skills),MAAT or Masters in Accounting and the person should have two years practical experience which can be acquired during and after school.
- A person who is CIMA graduate, ACCA Affiliate, member of CIS, CA graduate, CPA graduate and should have three years practical experience qualifies to apply for this category. ** When applying for membership experience checklist form needs to be filled.
Any person who has acquired qualifications such as CA, ACPA, ICWA, member of ACCA, CIMA and have three years practical experience.
A member who has been an Associate member of the Institute Continuously for a period of five years or such other institute or professional body of accountants as the Institute may recognize, shall become a fellow on the first day of January in the following year. A person who is a member of another recognized professional institute will also be admitted under this category.
The following documents are required to apply for BICA Membership:
- Certified Copy of Passport /ID
- Certified Copies of Certificates evidencing
- Examination Passed
- University Degree
- Professional Qualification
- Two reference letters from BICA members
- Employment Certificate
- Evidence of Membership of Professional Accountancy Body:
- Membership Certificate
- Proof of Continuing Membership in good standing
- Proof of Payment.
- Work experience Check list (for Accounting Technicians)
Application form can be downloaded at http://www.bia.org.bw/sites/default/files/direct_membership_application_form.pdf
Pule Levy Mogale,
Plot 50676, Block B, Second Floor
Fairground Office Park, Private Bag 0021
Tel: 267 – 3972992;
Fax: 267 – 3972982
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) is the national body for professional accountants in Uganda. It currently offers two qualifications leading one to one becoming a professional accountant (CPA Uganda) and an accounting technician (AT), which is a foundation of accountancy.
The qualifications are based on the IFAC / ISAEB guidelines thus providing graduates with excellent foundation of core accountancy skills that meet international benchmarks.
Requirements for ICAI members to become members of ICPAU:
ICAI members are eligible for full membership of ICPAU after sitting for some of the papers of CPA (U)
- Business Law- Paper 3
- Taxation- Paper 11
Download application form from http://www.icpau.co.ug/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1&Itemid=202
Personal Secretary to CEO
Plot 42, Bukoto Street,
P.O Box 12464, Kampala
Tel: 041-4540125, 0312-262333, 070-1540125
E mail: email@example.com