International Affairs Committee
The International Affairs Committee continued its endeavor to provide a strong interface to Indian members for recognition of professional opportunities abroad and this was interalia intended to be achieved through rendering technical support to the countries by way of formal accountancy infrastructure recognition of ICAI qualification abroad presenting Institutes’ view point through its nominees on International Forums and important conferences /seminars. The ICAI Chapter abroad continue to play a lead role in achieving the said mandate of the Institute.
Globalizing ICAI’s Brand Equity
- ICAI has become an Associate Member of the Chartered Accountants Worldwide on February 29, 2016 wherein the Certificate of membership was awarded by the CAW leadership.CAW is an initiative by the leading Chartered Institutes to support, develop and promote the vital role that Chartered Accountants play throughout the global economy.
- CA. Manoj Fadnis, President, ICAI for 2015-16 has been elected as the Deputy President of the Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) for a period of two years starting from October 2015-October 2019.
- The 27th Chapter of ICAI was inaugurated at Auckland on February 04, 2016
- The 28th Chapter of ICAI has been inaugurated on 18th May 2016 in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- ICAI organized an exclusive Africa-India Partnership Conclave 8th August 2016 at New Delhi. The Conclave was attended by Ambassadors/High Commissioners/Trade Consulates from 17 African Countries.
- ICAI jointly with the Trustees of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Foundation organized the Stakeholders Event on 13th October 2016, a very special event to address the roadmap of Ind AS and IFRS relationship in India.
- ICAI organised the Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) Board and Committee Meetings on 20th to 21st October 2016, prior to the ICAI International Conference 2016: “Jnana Yajna: The Quest for Excellence” which was on 22nd and 23rd October, 2016, at Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC), Hyderabad