CA. Charanjot Singh Nanda
Vice - President, ICAI
CA. Charanjot Singh Nanda, FCA, New Delhi has been elected as Vice-President, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the apex body of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India for the year 2024-25. Academically brilliant, he passed B. Com from M.L.N. College in 1987 and was placed in Kurukshetra University Merit List during all three years. He was also a rank holder in CA Inter Examination and completed his Chartered Accountancy in 1991.
A Fellow Member of ICAI with more than three decades of standing, CA. Charanjot Singh Nanda was elected to the Central Council of ICAI for the first time in 2004 for three consecutive terms and thereafter in 2019.
As Central Council Member of ICAI, he had been the Chairman of the following Committees of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Internal Audit Standards Board
- Committee on Management Accounting
- Committee on Internal Audit
- Committee for Members in Industry
- Women Members Empowerment Committee
- Committee for Co-operatives & NPO Sectors
- Committee on Banking, Insurance and Pensions
- Committee on Financial Markets & Investors Protection
- Continuing Professional Education Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Research Committee
He was also the Chairman of Northern India Regional Council of ICAI for the year 2002-2003.
Being the Central Council member of the ICAI, he has represented the Institute as:
- Member of Quality Review Board, set up by The Government of India.
- Member of SEBI Advisory Committee on Primary Market (2007-2010) & Committee on Mutual Funds (2007-2010) and represented ICAI on SEBI Committee on Disclosures and Accounting Standards (SCODA).
- Member of Expert Committee of SEBI for facilitating ease of doing business and harmonization of the provisions of ICDR and LODR Regulations.
- Convener of the Expert Group Constituted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India on Investor Protection.
- Chairman, Committee on Information Technology of South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA)
- Member of the Southern Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) on Committee on Professional Accountants in Business (PAIB) and Committee on Improvements in Transparency, Accountability & Governance.
- Member, Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) National Council on Capital Market
An avid writer and prolific speaker, he has addressed various programmes on matters of professional interest organized by the Institute, Regional Councils, Branches and the Study Circles.